US Theater Questions
Which renowned composer wrote a hit musical about a man who stole a loaf of bread?
- Andrew Lloyd Webber 68,317
- Stephen Sondheim 41,529
- Claude-Michel Schönberg Correct Savage 61,968
Lin-Manuel Miranda recently made his mark on Broadway with a blockbuster musical about what?
- Chicken sandwich 19,027
- Space cats 76,907
- Founding father Correct 411,874
Which of these Broadway musicals is based on the opera “La Bohème”?
- Rent Correct 168,915
- Beauty and the Beast 51,396
- Pippin 37,721
Which of these would be considered a jukebox musical?
- Hello, Dolly! 57,731
- Kiss Me, Kate 22,197
- Mamma Mia! Correct 304,861
Which of these legendary musical characters wears a half-face mask?
- Jesus Christ, Superstar 928
- The Phantom of the Opera Correct 405,528
- Eliza Doolittle 1,191
Elphaba, Glinda, and the Wizard of Oz are all main characters in which musical?
- Avenue Q 3,996
- Wicked Correct 387,321
- The Sound of Music 10,049
In “West Side Story,” which of these is the name of one of the gangs?
- Hi-Hats 27,428
- Sharks Correct 258,106
- Punks 21,954
Which of these Broadway musicals started out as a movie?
- Hairspray Correct 46,699
- Jersey Boys 12,055
- Evita 13,372
Which actor has NOT played a Broadway role made famous by a Liza Minnelli film?
- Michelle Williams 10,678
- Scarlett Johansson Correct Savage 24,072
- Emma Stone 13,381
Which of these musicals had a Broadway revival featuring American Sign Language?
- Kinky Boots 3,959
- In the Heights 3,678
- Spring Awakening Correct 20,361
Which show-stopping number was originally written for a musical version of “Flowers for Algernon”?
- And I Am Telling You 5,403
- Razzle Dazzle 4,410
- Tomorrow Correct 11,194
According to the show’s program, which of these musicals is NOT referenced in “Hamilton”?
- Oklahoma! Correct 5,118
- South Pacific 3,683
- The Last Five Years 3,699